It was the same OT that evaluated her at 2 months old. She said she was shocked that the RC (regional center) denied services even though she recommended 2x a month until DD was 6 months old. She said they usually approve everything with preemies and have at times approved services when she recommended against it. Basically she feels as though Hailey's case was overlooked and fell through the cracks.
I was pissed. I didn't show it to her because it's not her fault. If at the end of the evaluation if she said she would still recommend services I would be bitching out the RC until my face turned blue.
The OT said she doesn't see anything from the evaluation that makes her think she would need services and seems right on track. Not everything to 9 months old but definitely 8 months old. Although she would have to input all the info and see where she falls and then would know for sure where she stood.
This makes me happy, of course, she's not too far off from her actual age and the OT gave me some pointers on how to work with her on the things I was concerned about. OT was happy Hailey is catching up to her actual age so quickly (her adjusted age is about 7.5 months). I will have her full report in a week.
I am glad I called. Puts my mind at ease even though I am still pissed at the RC. She could be farther along then where she is if she would have gotten the services the OT recommended. I was ready to appeal their decision too but my pedi recommended to wait until she was 6 months old and then appeal if I still felt the same way. Now I wish I just would have appealed anyway. But I am glad Hailey is doing so well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment