Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Want That

I was sitting in the ER waiting room. Across from me is this cute little boy, 2 years old at the very most. He couldn't make up his mind who he wanted. I want mom, no I want dad. Now I want mom, no wait, now dad. I couldn't help but think, I can't wait for that. I would give anything for that.

When I am back in the waiting room after being seen, there is this little girl about 3 years old. Cute little thing, must have cut her head because there was blood madded in her hair. She had long blond hair and bright blue eyes. She was wearing bright pink pajamas with feeties. Adorable, looked me when I was her age. Not that I want to have to go to the ER with my daughter but when I looked at her, I couldn't help but think, I want that.

I sitting in my OB's office. There were 2 large pregnant women rubbing their bellies. One looked uncomfortable and the other seemed to be enjoying her babies movements. I want that.

As I am waiting, a new mom walks in with her brand new baby boy. He was perfect and adorable. The ladies at the front were fawning over him. He couldn't be older than a month or two because the lady was in to have my OB sign something for her maternity leave. I can't believe how perfect he was. I want that.

A few minutes later, a woman walked in with a big baby carrier holding her daughter. I couldn't get a look at the baby, she was bundled up too much. But I am staring at the mom struggle with the big carrier. While it seemed to be a nuisance for her, I couldn't help but think, I would do anything to be in her position.

I am trying to keep as positive as possible. I went in for my second round of blood work today and now the long wait until Monday. I still feel terrible and under all of this sickness I still seem to have nausea and can't seem to finish any of my food. After taking a few bites, I am over it and feel icky. I guess I can still take those as great signs but the blood work is the crucial part and the only thing that will prove everything is okay. And everything is going to be okay! Right?

No comments: