Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update on me!

I saw my OB today for my follow up appointment. We discussed possible reasons for my water breaking early. As you all know, I had excess fluid and Hailey was big for her age. This causes my uterus to be larger than my actual gestation which could have caused the rupture. Other causes could be that I produce thin membranes which caused the rupture or she was just ready to come out for various medical reasons. He told me I have a 40% chance of another premature delivery with my next pregnancy.

If with my 2nd pregnancy he notices I am going back down the same path of producing excess fluid I will have to have more restrictions regarding my activity level. So that's really about it. He was amazed at how much I swelled during my pregnancy and how all of my weight gain was due to water retention. baby, fluid, placenta, etc. According to his scale I had gained 35lbs during pregnancy and have lost 40lbs since birth. Holy water retention!! I guess that's what happens when my feet double in size from the swelling! HA!

No comments: