Friday, March 6, 2009

It's not Croup, it's RSV

Ugh. The three letters every parent fears. RSV. Stands for Respiratory Syncytial Virus. Thankfully the pedi thinks it's mild and nothing to worry about right now. We need to keep a close eye on her and also gave me the signs to look for if it becomes worse.

She began wheezing late night which made me call her. She wanted to see her today. The barking cough is no longer really there. It's more on the phlegmy side now, and the barking isn't very often.

It worse at night and definitely keeping her up. She went from sleeping 12 hours straight to waking up crying several times a night.

The bad part is that the pedi said it can last up to 4 weeks! Yikes. Let's hope this doesn't last that long.

I have never been the type of parent to insist on hand washing before touching Hailey but I think I am going to start grilling everyone about their health before they hold her. Having a sick baby is not fun! Especially for her!

1 comment:

wee said...

omg :( i am so sorry!!! i hope she is feeling ebtter.