Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hailey's Progress.....1 week old!

Hailey is one week old. Crazy to think that one week ago she was just barely an hour old! She is now in an open crib and in the front room! She drank 20cc from a bottle with the nurse today.

She has a really bad rash on her butt from pooping out the medication she is given for the reflux. The nurse propped her on her tummy bare-butted with some air to help heal it. I think that's great that the nurse is doing that because it will take forever for it to heal if it's not exposed to air. And it's really painful for her.

I get a lot of questions as to when she will be home. To tell the truth I don't ask. I don't want to be given false hope and I am sure they do not give it. I don't even think they can really tell me and I am okay with that. Taking it day by day makes it less stressful for me. Plus we can be told tomorrow that she'll be released the next day but if she looses weight they will not. The nurses tell me the doctors are really conservative. This is good because I wouldn't want her to come home if she's not ready! BUT she is doing so well and that makes me think she may be home soon!! =)

No comments: