Monday, August 25, 2008

Hailey's progress..... 6 days old



She is doing very well and is so adorable!! She lost weight yesterday so she is not going into the open crib just yet. However, I am told today that she moving to the front room....the room that's closest to the door.....closer to going home!

The occupational therapist stopped by today to talk about nipple feedings and how to get her started and set up for success. Also she wants her to be expose to my breast. Not to expect much but for her to get used to the smell and also the idea of it. I tried with her today. She played with it with her mouth mostly. I don't rush her so she doesn't tire out and burn calories. But she did try!!

Her jaundice levels are normal for her age so it doesn't look like she will go under the blue lights again!

Her IV is still out which is good. She has a bandage were it used to be.

1 comment:

The Staker Family said...

She is adorable, I can not believe how open her eyes are in that picture, I swear it was weeks before I got a picture of Lilly's eyes, and she was full term! My mom is excited to see her tomorrow morning, and I am super jealous!