Wednesday, February 4, 2009

GI Doc Follow up!

Hailey now weighs 14lbs!! This made the GI Doc very happy. He said he would have been okay with 13lbs 13oz! He thinks she is taking the soy very well. He is not concerned with her poop (although it has stopped) as long as discomfort or blood doesn't accompany it, which it isn't! He made a comment that I am going too slow with the Soy and to speed it up. So I am happy to say I think we have bought our last can of Nutramigen! This makes our bank account very happy, and us of course!!

He also talked about weaning her off of the meds soon. So I imagine we will be talking about it the next few appointments.

Hailey has been developing so well and it makes us so excited! She has really been catching up with her milestones and I look at her less and less as a preemie! Not that I did a lot before but i kept in the back of my mind when comparing her to other babies or developmental milestone charts. She's cooing and talking. We will "talk" to each other. I imitate her, she imitates me. It's awesome!

She is such a ham too. She smiles at everyone, even strangers who talk to her. She's my happy girl!! She is currently trying to roll over again so I am off to watch and play with her! =)

No comments: