Friday, October 31, 2008

Houston, We have Coos!!!

That's right! Hailey cooed!! 2 times!! She was playing on her play mat gym and she cooed! Now it was only 2x and it's not consistent or anything but she still gave me a big smile and a nice loud coo...twice!!!

This makes me so happy because infants typically do not coo until around 2 months. Because Hailey is a preemie she is expected to hit these milestones according to her adjusted age (going by her due date). Her adjusted age isn't even a month old. Usually around one month infants begin to smile but she has been doing that for awhile now. So this tells me she is just a few weeks behind rather then a whole 7 weeks behind.

Hopefully she will begin cooing on a regular basis but for now at least I know she's beginning too! I can't wait to hear her giggle!!

2 comments:

Justin and Natalie said...

YAY!!! That is so sweet. Looks like you've got a smarty pants on your hands.

Cathy said...

I told you she's advanced!!!

xxoo
Hailey Cathleen's Grannie