The Gastro doc called Hailey's reflux, Silent Reflux. Because she doesn't spit up like a usual reflux baby and gains weight just fine then this is what her reflux is considered. This means the food goes up the esophagus and back down (versus up and out the mouth) which basically means she gets burned twice.
Hailey saw her pedi again today and she agrees that it's her reflux that is causing all the fussiness and pain. She still ordered the Xray to see if there's a bigger element that we could be missing. I am unsure as to when we will get those results but we did go for the Xray after her appointment.
She seems MUCH better and was back to the happy baby she usually is yesterday. She fussed a little at night before she went to bed but nothing major like the other nights have been!
I will keep you posted.
SIDE NOTE: For those of you who get my blog postings in an email, sorry if you got a bunch of blank emails. I have no idea why but it kept erroring out when I would try to type and then I noticed it was posting blank blog posts. =)
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment