Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Story of Life and Loss

My heart breaks as I read Stacy's blog. She gave birth to her beautiful son today. After 16 minutes, he passed away. Her husband and her prepared for this day. Instead of planning a shower, decorating a nursery, or picking out a "coming home" outfit, she planned her unborn son's funeral and memorial service. I type this, as I am holding Hailey. I sobbed as I read the sad news of baby Isaac and held Hailey a little tighter. I looked at her and cried. Sad that Stacy would not experience this with Isaac and thankful that I am able to with Hailey. I could not imagine what she is going through. To carry her son to full term to only say goodbye. I bet those were the best 16 minutes of her life. I don't think she will ever forget how it felt and he will have a place in her heart forever. She is one of the strongest people I "know". My heart breaks for her and I wish her strength through this devastating time.



If you would like to read Stacy's story,

http://sgirl79.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

The Staker Family said...

I also can't imagine. It makes me want to go and hug all of my children and just be thankful that I have them instead of getting upset with them for making a mess or whatever else.